Mediterranean Lamb Cutlets with Kiwi Salsa
Recipe courtesy of ZESPRI™ Kiwifruit.
For Lamb and Marinade:
1/2 cup sour cream
1 clove garlic, crushed
12 lamb rib chops (cutlets)
For Kiwifruit Salsa:
1 cup chopped peaches
1/2 cup chopped papaya
1 tablespoon lime juice
1 teaspoon Angostura bitters (or Worcestershire sauce)
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- For the marinade, slice the kiwifruit into halves and scoop the fruit out into a food processor or blender. Add sour cream and garlic, and purée until just blended. Take care not to crush the kiwifruit seeds, as this can make your marinade bitter.
- Place the lamb chops into a large bowl, and top with the marinade. Stir until the meat is coated. Refrigerate 2 hours.
- For the salsa, slice the kiwifruit into halves and spoon chunks out onto a cutting board; dice. Place all salsa ingredients into a medium bowl and stir until blended. Set aside.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Brush excess marinade from the lamb chops. Grill lamb 2 to 3 minutes per side until just cooked.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 360; Calories From Fat: 41; Total Fat: 16g; Saturated Fat: 7g; Cholesterol: 110mg; Total Carbs: 20g; Fiber: 3g; Protein: 33g; Sodium: 100mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of ZESPRI™ Kiwifruit.