Roasted Italian Leg of Lamb
Recipe courtesy of the American Lamb Board.
5 to 8 pounds boneless or bone in leg of lamb
4 cloves garlic
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Cut slits in the roast and insert garlic.
- Make paste with oil, Parmesan and basil, rub over roast.
- Season leg with salt and pepper.
- Place roast in cooking bag and refrigerate overnight.
- Place bag with roast in 350°F (175°C) oven for approximately 1 hour and 45 minutes or until internal temperature is 135°F (57.2°C) to 140°F (60°C) for medium rare.
- Let rest 10 minutes before carving.
- Wonderful served with roasted potatoes and green beans.
Makes 8 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the American Lamb Board.