Roasted Rack of Lamb with Mint-Basil Pesto
Mint-basil pesto drizzled over roasted rack of lamb makes a flavorful main dish perfect for special occasions and holiday feasts. Pair with simple sides such as Roast Carrots with Shallots and Thyme and Garlic Rosemary Mashed Potatoes for a festive meal. For a light and perfect spring dessert, try the deliciously refreshing No-Bake Lemon Cloud Pie.
2 (1 1/2 pounds each) Frenched racks of lamb (about 8 ribs each)
Kosher salt and ground black pepper
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 (7-ounce) container BUITONI Refrigerated All Natural Pesto with Basil, at room temperature
1/3 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
2 tablespoons water
1 to 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Allow lamb to come to room temperature for about 30 minutes before roasting. Season lamb on all sides with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Heat oil in large oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat. Place lamb racks, fat-side-down, in skillet; sear until browned. Turn racks over and sear other side. Turn racks meat-side up; place skillet in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until thermometer placed in thickest portion registers 125 to 130°F, or approximately 55°C (medium-rare). Transfer lamb racks to work surface; let rest for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare the pesto.
- Combine pesto, mint and water in medium bowl; stir well to combine. Stir in 1 tablespoon lemon juice. Taste and add 1 more tablespoon if you prefer more tang.
- Cut the lamb between the bones into single chops. Arrange chops on plates; drizzle with pesto.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.