Sweet and Spicy Bulgur Lamb
Recipe courtesy of California Ripe Olives.
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 pound lamb tenderloins, cut into 1-inch chunks
3/4 teaspoon hot paprika
Salt to taste
1 1/2 cups cooked medium grain bulgur, warm
3/4 cup sliced California Ripe Olives
3/4 cup diced tangerine segments (1/2-inch)
1/4 cup minced shallots
1/4 cup dried blueberries
2 tablespoons chopped mint
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons toasted sliced almonds (optional)
- Heat oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Add lamb and sprinkle with paprika. Season with salt to taste and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally until browned.
- Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Add bulgur, California Ripe Olives, tangerines, shallots, blueberries, mint and cinnamon to lamb and toss until evenly mixed.
- Sprinkle with almonds if desired.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 318; Calories From Fat: 33; Total Fat: 12g; Cholesterol: 76mg; Total Carbs: 27g; Protein: 27g; Sodium: 301mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of California Ripe Olives.