Asparagus and Egg Noodle Bowl
Recipe courtesy of The Incredible Edible Egg™.
1 (6-ounce) package Chinese noodles
2 teaspoon vegetable oil
1 cup diagonally cut asparagus pieces (4-ounce)
2 teaspoons sesame seeds
1 1/2 cups sliced button mushrooms
3 large eggs
1/4 cup milk
Teriyaki or hoisin sauce for accompaniment (optional)
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add asparagus and sesame seeds; stir-fry until asparagus is tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add mushrooms; stir-fry 1 minute.
- Add noodles; cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Beat eggs and milk in small bowl until blended; pour over noodle mixture. As egg mixture begins to set, Stir gently. Cook until eggs are thickened and no visible liquid egg remains. Do not stir constantly.
- Serve with a splash of teriyaki or hoisin sauce, if desired.
Makes 2 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/2 of recipe): Calories: 532; Total Fat: 19g; Saturated Fat: 5g; Cholesterol: 391mg; Total Carbs: 67g; Fiber: 5g; Protein: 26g; Sodium: 141mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of The Incredible Edible Egg™.