Sautéed mushrooms, green onions, garlic, olives, tomatoes and asparagus in a Marsala wine sauce, tossed with fusilli pasta, garnished with freshly grated Romano cheese.
1/3 cup olive oil
1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
1/2 cup chopped green onions
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup olive wedges
1 cup diced tomatoes
2 cups cooked asparagus, cut on diagonal
1 1/2 cups vegetable stock
1/2 cup Marsala wine
Cornstarch slurry (equal parts cornstarch and water)
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
16 ounces dry fusilli pasta, cooked according to package directions
Freshly grated Romano cheese
- In a large skillet, over high heat, sauté the mushrooms, green onions, and garlic in the olive oil until tender. Add the olives and tomatoes. Heat thoroughly.
- Add cooked asparagus and dry spices, stirring constantly.
- Add Marsala wine to flash point, then add vegetable stock.
- Add cornstarch slurry to thicken.
- Pour over cooked pasta, mix, sprinkle with Romano cheese and serve hot.
Makes 6 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/6 of recipe): 319 calories, 8.23 grams protein, 28.16 grams carbohydrate, 3.75 grams fiber, 18.3 grams fat, 5.59 milligrams cholesterol, 480 milligrams sodium.
Recipe provided courtesy of the California Asparagus Commission.