Baked Macaroni and Cheese
The addition of cottage cheese makes this baked macaroni and cheese casserole the creamiest ever!
16 ounces uncooked large elbow macaroni
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
2 cups milk
3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese - divided use
1 (12-ounce) container small-curd cottage cheese
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
1 teaspoon Greek seasoning
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Melt butter in a Dutch oven over low heat; whisk in flour until smooth. Cook 1 minute, whisking constantly. Gradually whisk in milk; cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, until mixture is thickened and bubbly. Stir in 2 cups cheddar cheese and next 3 ingredients. Stir in pasta.
- Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Top with remaining 1 cup cheddar cheese.
- Combine bread crumbs and Greek seasoning; sprinkle over cheese.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) for 25 minutes.
Makes 8 servings.