Cheese Garden Lasagna
A fabulous veggie lasagna loaded with garden vegetables and four types of cheese.
1/4 cup (2 ounces) butter
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup each asparagus, zucchini, green onions, yellow squash and red pepper, diced
6 ounces portobello mushrooms, chopped
2 cups Roma tomatoes, diced
2 cups baby spinach leaves, diced
1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves, chopped
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2 cups (15 ounces) Wisconsin Ricotta Cheese
1 cup (4 ounces) Wisconsin Parmesan Cheese, grated - divided use
1 large egg, beaten
1/2 teaspoon salt and ground black pepper
12 no-cook lasagna noodles
2 cups (8 ounces) Wisconsin Mozzarella Cheese, shredded - divided use
1 cup (4 ounces) Wisconsin Smoked Provolone Cheese, shredded - divided use
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Butter bottom of 13x9x2-inch pan.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add asparagus, zucchini, onions, squash, red pepper, mushrooms, tomatoes and spinach; sauté stirring frequently, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in basil, oregano and vinegar; set aside.
- In bowl, stir together ricotta, 1/2 cup Parmesan, egg, salt and ground black pepper; set aside.
- Place layer of noodles (4 noodles) on bottom of prepared pan. Spread 1/2 ricotta mixture over noodles, top with 1/3 vegetable mixture, 3/4 cup mozzarella and 1/2 cup provolone. Repeat with noodles, remaining ricotta mixture, 1/3 vegetable mixture, 3/4 cup mozzarella and remaining provolone. Top with noodles, remaining vegetable mixture, mozzarella and Parmesan.
- Bake 35 to 45 minutes.
- Let stand 5 to 10 minutes; serve.
Makes 8 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.