Cheesy Pasta Primavera
Pasta Primavera gets an extreme cheese makeover! A colorful and nutritious entrée, this version of the classic Italian pasta and veggie dish is made with sautéed vegetables and linguine tossed with a fresh basil-infused mixture of both cottage and Parmesan cheeses.
1 cup diagonally-cut carrot slices
6 tablespoons butter
1 cup yellow summer squash slices
2 cups mushroom quarters
1 cup Chinese pea pod halves
1/4 cup green onion slices
1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
8 ounces dry fettuccine, cooked according to package directions
1 cup low fat or cream-style cottage cheese
1/4 cup grated Wisconsin Parmesan cheese
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, sauté carrots in 4 tablespoons butter for 5 minutes.
- Add squash; continue cooking 2 minutes.
- Add remaining vegetables; continue cooking until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in basil.
- Combine fettuccine and 2 tablespoons butter; toss until butter is melted. Toss in cottage cheese and Parmesan cheese.
- Place fettuccine mixture on serving platter; top with vegetable mixture. Season to taste.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.