Crescent Zucchini Pie
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the American Egg Board.
1 (8-ounce) container refrigerated crescent rolls
2 tablespoons butter or olive oil
3 cups thinly sliced zucchini
1 cup chopped onion
1 (4-ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
4 large eggs
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Coat a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate with cooking spray.
- Separate crescent rolls into eight triangles and arrange in the pie dish with points toward center. Press to seal seams.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt the butter (or heat oil if using oil); add the zucchini, onions and mushrooms, and sauté until tender, about 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat together eggs, Italian seasoning and mustard; beat to mix.
- Add vegetables to egg mixture, mixing thoroughly; pour over crust.
- Bake pie until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean, about 20 to 25 minutes.
Makes 5 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/5 of recipe): Calories: 132; Total Fat: 6g; Saturated Fat: 2g; Cholesterol: 214mg; Total Carbs: 10g; Fiber: 3g; Protein: 9g; Sodium: 93mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of The Incredible Edible Egg™.