Deviled Eggs Florentine
Deviled eggs are baked, just until hot, atop a bed of fine noodles mixed with creamed spinach and tarragon wine vinegar.
2 cups (4 ounces) fine noodles
1 (10-ounce) package frozen creamed spinach, thawed
1 1/3 tablespoons tarragon wine vinegar
3 hard-boiled eggs
1 tablespoon finely chopped green onion with top (optional)
1 tablespoon mayonnaise
1 1/2 teaspoons milk
1/8 teaspoon salt (optional)
Diced red pepper (optional)
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain.
- In shallow 1 1/2 quart casserole, stir together cooked noodles, spinach, and vinegar. Spread evenly across bottom of casserole.
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks and set whites aside.
- In small bowl, mash yolks with fork. Stir in onion, if desired, mayonnaise, milk, and salt, if desired, until well blended. With spoon, fork, or pastry bag, refill whites, using about 1 tablespoon yolk mixture for each egg half.
- Gently press filled egg halves into spinach mixture. Cover with lid or aluminum foil.
- Bake in preheated 350°F (175°C) oven until hot throughout, about 15 to 20 minutes. Garnish with pepper, if desired.
Makes 2 to 3 servings.
Adapted Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of the American Egg Board.