Fettuccine with Tomatoes and Artichoke Hearts
Fettuccine tossed with a simple Italian-seasoned tomato sauce with artichoke hearts, garnished with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
12 ounces dry fettuccine
1 teaspoon olive oil
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1/2 cup sliced red or green bell pepper
1 (15-ounce) can no-added-salt diced tomatoes
2 teaspoons dried basil
2 teaspoons dried oregano
1 (9-ounce) box frozen artichoke hearts
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions.
- Heat olive oil in a large, nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and peppers and sauté until golden, about 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, basil, and oregano; simmer until sauce thickens slightly, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes.
- Add artichokes to sauce and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add pasta to sauce. Toss until sauce coats pasta and mixture is heated through.
- Serve with a sprinkling of Parmesan on top.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): 310 calories; 12 g protein; 55 g carbohydrate; 4 g fat; 188 mg sodium; 5 mg cholesterol;5 g fiber.
Recipe provided courtesy Idaho Wheat Commission.