Creamy and cheesy five-cheese mac and cheese, this is comfort food at its ultimate best!
1 1/2 cups small-curd cottage cheese
1 cup sour cream
1 large egg
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
2 cups shredded colby cheese
8 ounces elbow macaroni, cooked, drained
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/3 cup grated Romano cheese
1/2 teaspoon paprika
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Preheat the oven to 325°F (160°C).
- Blend the cottage cheese in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cottage cheese, sour cream, egg, flour, salt, white pepper, and dry mustard.
- Stir in the cheddar and colby cheeses.
- Add the cooked macaroni and stir gently until well-combined.
- Spoon into a greased 3-quart glass baking dish.
- Top with grated Parmesan and Romano cheese and sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes until browned and bubbly.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.