A sassy pasta toss with garden vegetables, Asiago cheese and vermouth with a pinch of red pepper flakes.
6 ounces spaghetti, uncooked
Vegetable cooking spray
1 cup broccoli florets
1 cup thinly sliced carrots
1 cup sliced zucchini
1/4 cup sliced onion
1 small sweet yellow pepper, cut into julienne strips
1/2 cup sliced cucumber
1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
1 small tomato, cut into 8 wedges
2 tablespoons dry vermouth
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons grated Wisconsin Asiago or Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
1/4 teaspoon sweet red pepper flakes
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain and set aside.
- Coat a large non-stick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium heat until hot. Add broccoli and next 3 ingredients; sauté 4 minutes.
- Add pepper strips, cucumber and mushrooms; sauté 4 minutes.
- Add pasta, tomato and vermouth; toss gently. Cook until thoroughly heated.
- Sprinkle with freshly grated Wisconsin Asiago or Parmesan cheese, or a blend of both varieties, plus parsley and pepper flakes; toss gently.
- Serve immediately.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.