Pesto-Stuffed Shells in Marinara Sauce
Big on taste and easy to prepare, these flavorful stuffed shells will have everyone running to the dinner table—not to mention shouting for 'amoré'.
20 whole-wheat or regular jumbo pasta shells, prepared according to package directions
1 (15-ounce) container ricotta cheese
1 (7-ounce) container BUITONI Refrigerated Pesto with Basil
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese - divided use
1/2 cup BUITONI Refrigerated Freshly Shredded Parmesan Cheese
2 large eggs
2 (15-ounce) containers BUITONI Refrigerated Marinara Sauce - divided use
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Combine ricotta cheese, pesto, 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese and eggs in large bowl; stir well.
- Pour about 1 cup marinara sauce over bottom of 13 x 9-inch casserole dish.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons ricotta filling into each cooked shell. Place filled shells, side by side, into casserole dish. (At this point, the dish can be made and refrigerated for up to 24 hours.)
- Spoon the remaining marinara sauce over the stuffed shells. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese; cover.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted (if using refrigerated shells, bake for about 45 minutes).
Makes 8 servings.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.