Ravioli with Fire-Roasted Tomatoes and Olives
Recipe courtesy of California Ripe Olives.
3 pounds plum tomatoes, halved and seeded
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons minced garlic
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 cups thinly sliced yellow onions
3/4 cup sliced olives
1/4 cup white wine
1 1/2 tablespoons chopped capers
1 1/2 tablespoons chopped tarragon
1 tablespoon tomato paste
5 cups (1 1/2 pounds) cooked cheese-filled ravioli
- In a large bowl, toss tomatoes with 2 tablespoon olive oil, garlic, salt and ground black pepper.
- Grill tomatoes over medium-high heat for 2 to 3 minutes per side, then transfer to a clean bowl and allow to cool slightly.
- When tomatoes are cool enough to handle, peel away charred skin and discard. Set aside tomatoes.
- Heat remaining olive oil in a medium size saucepan over medium-low heat. Add onions and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes until tender.
- Stir in olives, white wine, capers, tarragon and tomato paste. Mix in grilled tomatoes and bring to a boil. Cover, turn heat to low and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally to break down tomatoes.
- Remove from heat and toss with cheese ravioli just before serving.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 384; Total Fat: 14g; Saturated Fat: 2g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Total Carbs: 49g; Fiber: 17g; Protein: 22g; Sodium: 337mg; Potassium: 1011mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of California Ripe Olives.