Rotini with Fresh Bell Peppers
This beautiful and delicious garden fresh pasta dish combines whole grain rotini with three brilliant colored bell peppers.
1 (16-ounce) box Barilla Whole Grain Rotini
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil - divided use
1 medium (2 cups) white onion, chopped
1 red pepper, julienne
1 yellow pepper, julienne
1 green pepper, julienne
4 basil leaves
1/3 cup Pecorino cheese, freshly grated
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat half of olive oil in medium-sized skillet.
- Add onion and sauté for 4 minutes or until translucent.
- Add peppers and season with salt and ground black pepper.
- Cover with hot water and simmer for 12 minutes until peppers are tender.
- Drain pasta, add to skillet and toss with basil, remaining oil and cheese before serving.
Serves 4 to 6.
Recipe created by By Chef Lorenzo Boni.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Barilla America