Serve this savory cheesecake chilled or at room temperature.
Vegetable cooking spray
1/4 cup finely crushed onion-flavored Melba toast rectangles - divided use
3 tablespoons minced shallots
2 1/2 cups packed trimmed watercress
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
2 cups part-skim Wisconsin Ricotta cheese
3/4 cup shredded Wisconsin Provolone or Wisconsin Gruyère cheese
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 (8.75-ounce) can low sodium cream-style corn
2 large eggs
- Coat the bottom of an 8-inch springform pan with cooking spray; sprinkle with 2 tablespoons Melba toast crumbs, and set aside.
- Coat a medium-size non-stick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium-high until hot. Add shallots; sauté 1 minute. Add watercress and pepper; sauté 2 minutes.
- Position knife blade in a food processor bowl; add remaining 2 tablespoons Melba toast crumbs. Wisconsin Ricotta cheese, Wisconsin Provolone or Gruyère cheese and next 4 ingredients. Process until smooth. Add watercress mixture; process until chopped.
- Pour mixture into prepared springform pan.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 325°F (160°C) for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until almost set.
- Remove from oven, and cool 15 minutes. Cover and chill 2 hours.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Makes 8 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.