Shiitake Mushroom Stuffed Idaho® Potatoes
Recipe courtesy of the Idaho Potato Commission.
4 large Idaho® baking potatoes, well scrubbed
8 ounces fresh Shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and caps chopped
1 tablespoon soy sauce
4 ounces soft tofu, drained and mashed
1 tablespoon sesame oil
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Prick the potatoes with a fork and bake until soft, about 1 hour Remove from oven.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring, until the mushrooms are tender and the liquid evaporates, about 5 minutes Stir in the soy sauce and set aside.
- When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut lengthwise and, leaving the skins intact, carefully scoop out the flesh into a large bowl. Add the tofu, sesame oil, and salt and ground black pepper to taste and mash until well combined. Add the mushroom mixture and mix well.
- Spoon the stuffing into the potato shells and arrange in a lightly oiled baking pan.
- Bake until hot, 15 to 20 minutes Serve hot.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Idaho Potato Commission.