Spaghetti with Roasted Zucchini and Olives
Recipe courtesy of the National Pasta Association.
1 pound spaghetti, thin spaghetti or linguine, uncooked
3 medium zucchini, sliced into 1/2-inch slices
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
2 medium onions, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 (12-ounce) jar roasted peppers, drained and diced (liquid reserved)
12 black olives, sliced
1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Prepare pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water; drain again.
- Preheat oven to 500°F (260°C).
- Spray 2 large cookie sheets with vegetable oil cooking spray. Lay the zucchini on the sheets and spray them with cooking spray. Roast the zucchini 8 to 10 minutes, until tender.
- In a medium, non-stick skillet warm the vegetable oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté it until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add the onion and garlic to the zucchini and stir in the roasted peppers, olives, red pepper flakes and pasta. Season with salt and ground black pepper and sprinkle with feta cheese.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 297; Total Fat: 7g; Cholesterol: 14mg; Total Carbs: 50g; Fiber: 4g; Protein: 11g; Sodium: 800mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the National Pasta Association.