This versatile and savory spinach, onion and cheese pie can be served as the entrée for any meal of the day.
1 (9-inch) unbaked pie shell*
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 cup shredded Wisconsin Provolone or Mozzarella cheese
2 large eggs
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, cooked and squeezed dry
1 cup plain yogurt
2 tablespoons grated Wisconsin Parmesan cheese
- Bake pie shell at 350°F (175°C) for 7 minutes. Cool.
- Spread onion and Provolone cheese over bottom of pie shell.
- Beat eggs slightly in medium bowl. Blend in flour and spices. Add spinach and yogurt, blending until thoroughly mixed. Pour into cooled pie shell. Sprinkle top with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) for 35 minutes.
- Cool 5 minutes before serving.
Makes 6 servings.
*Use store bought ready-to-use, or homemade pastry using your favorite recipe, or ours: Basic Pie Crust 101.
Recipe provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.