Triple Cheese Baked Spaghetti
Your family will ask for this cheesy spaghetti casserole over and over again.
6 ounces dry spaghetti pasta
3/4 cup ricotta cheese
1/2 cup finely grated Romano cheese
2 cups (16 ounce jar) prepared spaghetti sauce
1 teaspoon dry basil leaves
2 teaspoons dry oregano
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain completely. Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a large bowl, combine ricotta and Romano cheeses, 1 cup spaghetti sauce, basil, oregano, and pepper. Set aside remaining 1 cup spaghetti sauce.
- Mix cooked pasta with cheese mixture, stirring until pasta is distributed. Place in a casserole dish coated with vegetable oil cooking spray.
- Top pasta and cheese mixture with shredded mozzarella cheese. Cover with lid or foil and bake 20 minutes. Remove cover; continue baking until cheese bubbles.
- Remove from oven and let stand for three minutes.
- Cut into four large or six smaller servings. Top each portion with remaining spaghetti sauce before serving.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of the American Dairy Association.