Veggie Jack Burrito Casserole
A hearty, Southwestern layered casserole with a variety of vegetables, green salsa, flour tortillas and Monterey Jack cheese.
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 cups broccoli florets
2 cups mushrooms, sliced
1 red onion, sliced
1 medium carrot, shredded
1 medium zucchini, shredded
1/4 cup sliced green onion
1 clove garlic, minced
1 cup prepared green salsa
3 cups shredded Wisconsin Monterey Jack cheese or Mexican Shredded Cheese blend
8 (10-inch) flour tortillas
Sour cream for accompaniment (optional)
Green or red salsa for accompaniment (optional)
- In a 10 inch skillet, heat oil until sizzling; add vegetables and garlic. Cook over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, until vegetables are slightly tender. Stir in 1 cup salsa.
- Distribute vegetable mixture and 2 cups cheese evenly on tortillas. Fold burrito- or taco-style; place in 12x8 inch baking dish. Cover with foil.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 400°F (205°C) for 15 to 20 minutes or until heated through.
- Top with salsa and remaining cheese.
- Continue baking 5 to 7 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Serve topped with a dollop of sour cream and salsa, if desired.
Makes 8 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.