EZ Crust Pecan Pie
No rolling pins needed to make this pie's rustic crust and there's not much effort required to making the sweet and nutty filling, either!
4 large eggs
1 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup light corn syrup
1/4 cup butter, melted
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup pecan halves
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup vegetable shortening
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup ice water
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- For Filling: Beat eggs in a large mixing bowl. Add sugar, corn syrup, butter and vanilla; blend well. Stir in pecan halves and set aside.
- For Crust: In a separate bowl, combine flour, shortening and salt; mix well. Gradually knead in enough ice water to make a soft dough. Press into a 10-inch pie pan.
- Pour pecan mixture into pie pan.
- Bake 50 minutes or until crust is golden and filling is set.
Makes 8 servings.