Brownie Ice Cream Pie with Caramel Sauce
This family-pleasing pie has a brownie crust filled with vanilla ice cream topped with fresh sliced peaches and served with a homemade caramel sauce.
2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
2 tablespoons water
2 large eggs, separated
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon salt
Filling and Topping:
6 cups (1 1/2 quarts) vanilla ice cream (or any flavor)
1 cup peeled and sliced peaches
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- For Crust: Heat semisweet chocolate chips and water in a small saucepan over low heat for about 2 minutes, or until melted, stirring constantly.
- Beat egg yolks and sugar with an electric mixer on high speed for about 3 minutes, or until thick. Reduce the speed to low and gradually beat in the chocolate mixture and vanilla.
- Beat egg whites and salt until stiff peaks form. Gently fold in the chocolate mixture until just blended. Spread over the bottom and sides of a greased 9-inch pie plate. Bake about 20 minutes, or until the center is set. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour.
- For Filling and Topping: Fill with 6 cups ice cream. Cover and freeze until served. Garnish with 1 cup sliced peaches.
- For Caramel Sauce: Combine cream and brown sugar in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 5 minutes, or until caramel colored, stirring once. Add butter and stir until melted and smooth. Serve over the ice cream pie.
Makes 8 servings.