Candied Walnut-Topped Pumpkin Pie
You will love the flavor and texture of this reduced calorie pumpkin pie with a crunchy candied topping. This excellent variation on a classic will be sure to impress your guests.
1 1/4 cups coarsely chopped walnuts
1/3 cup packed SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend*
1 unbaked 9-inch (4-cup volume) deep-dish pie shell
1 (15-ounce) can LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
1 (12-ounce) can NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
1/3 cup SPLENDA® Sugar Blend for Baking**
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Combine walnuts and SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend in small bowl. Place 3/4 cup of nut-sugar mixture on bottom of pie shell.
- Combine pumpkin, evaporated milk, SPLENDA® Sugar Blend for Baking, eggs, pumpkin pie spice and salt in medium bowl; mix well. Pour batter over nuts.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350°F (175°C); bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack.
- Combine butter and remaining nut-sugar mixture; stir until moistened. Sprinkle over cooled pie. Broil about 5 inches from heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until bubbly. Cool before serving.
Makes 8 servings.
*Or, 1/3 cup brown sugar, firmly press, may be used.
**Or, 1/3 cup granulated sugar may be used.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/8 of recipe): Calories 410; Calories from Fat 220; Fat 24g (sat 7g); Cholesterol 70mg; Sodium 300mg; Carbohydrates 38g; Fiber 4g; Sugars 23g; Protein 9g.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.