Caramel Macchiato Ice Cream Pie
This winning ice cream pie makes a refreshing summer treat.
Winner of the Nestlé Kitchens Pie Recipe Contest, Milisa Armstrong uses coffee ice cream to create its delightfully grown-up taste.
9 graham crackers
1 cup finely chopped almonds
1/4 cup granulated sugar
4 tablespoons butter, melted
1 (1.5-quart) container DREYER'S or EDY'S Grand Coffee Ice Cream, softened
1/2 cup NESTLÉ LA LECHERA Dulce de Leche
1 (8-ounce) tub frozen whipped topping, thawed
1/2 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels, chopped - divided use
1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- For Crust: Preheat oven to 325ºF (160ºC).
- Place graham crackers in a food processor and pulse until crackers resemble fine crumbs. Transfer crumbs to a bowl along with chopped almonds, sugar and butter; stir to combine. Press into bottom and up sides of 9-inch deep-dish pie plate.
- Bake for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely.
- For Filling: Spread softened ice cream into cooled pie crust, smoothing out over bottom of crust. Sprinkle with half of the chopped morsels.
- Heat the dulce de leche in microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for a few seconds to soften; stir. Pour over chocolate morsels, spreading as evenly as you can.
- Spoon whipped topping over dulce de leche, covering entire surface of pie. Sprinkle with remaining chopped morsels and sliced almonds.
- Freeze for 30 minutes. Remove pie from freezer and cover with foil. Place back in freezer for at least 4 hours or until pie has set. Remove from freezer 10 minutes before you are ready to serve. Store any leftovers covered in freezer.
Makes 10 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/10 of recipe): Calories: 530; Calories from Fat: 270; Total Fat: 30g; Saturated Fat: 15g; Cholesterol: 45mg; Sodium: 170mg; Carbohydrates: 58g; Dietary Fiber: 4g; Sugars: 44g; Protein: 9g.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and VeryBestBaking.com, used with permission.