Caribbean Fudge Pie
A dash of rum extract adds an island flair to this sweet chocolate pie. Coffee and walnuts contribute to the richness by adding a savory tone.
1 (12-ounce) package or 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/4 cup butter, softened
3 large eggs
2 teaspoons instant coffee powder
1 teaspoon rum flavoring
1 cup chopped walnuts
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 (9-inch) unbaked pie crust
1/2 cup halved walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a small saucepan melt chocolate chips over low heat and set aside to cool.
- Cream brown sugar and butter together in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy, using an electric mixer at medium speed. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add chocolate chips, coffee powder and rum flavoring; blend well. Stir in nuts and flour; stir to combine.
- Pour into unbaked pie crust. Arrange remaining walnuts in a circle around edge of pie.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until outer edge is set. Cool on a wire rack.
Makes 8 servings.