Cheddar Pear Pie
A wonderful pie to end an autumn meal, with sweet tender slices of pear topped with a savory cheddar-laced streusel.
4 large ripe pears, peeled and thinly sliced
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 (9-inch) unbaked pastry shell (see recipe)
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- For Filling: In a bowl, combine pears, sugar, cornstarch and salt. Spoon into unbaked pastry shell.
- For Topping: Combine topping ingredients until crumbly; sprinkle over filling.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese is melted. Cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Serve warm.
- Store in the refrigerator.
Makes 8 servings.