An elegant pear tart topped with a cheddar streusel and served with a raspberry-port wine sauce.
Raspberry-Port Wine Sauce:
1 (10-ounce) package frozen, sweetened raspberries, thawed
3 tablespoons port wine
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Wisconsin aged cheddar cheese - divided use
4 large pears (1 3/4 pounds), peeled, cored and sliced
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup butter, melted
- For Raspberry-Port Wine Sauce: Purée raspberries in a blender. Pour into a wire sieve placed over a bowl to remove seeds. Add port wine to raspberry juice. Chill.
- For Tart: Line a round 8x2-inch tart or quiche pan with removable bottom with 2 cups of the shredded cheddar cheese. Chill.
- In a large bowl, toss pear slices with lemon juice. Place pears in cheddar-lined pan. Chill.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar and remaining 1 cup shredded cheddar. Cut in butter. Sprinkle over pears.
- Place tart on middle oven rack with a baking sheet placed on lower oven rack.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 400°F (205°C) for 50 to 60 minutes until top is well-browned.
- Cool on wire rack. Place on serving platter. Remove sides of pan.
- Cut into wedges and serve with raspberry-port wine sauce.
Makes 8 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.