Choco-Cherry Honey Pie
This easy, no-bake pie has a chocolate crumb crust with a honey-sweetened cream cheese filling laden with tart pie cherries.
1 1/3 cups chocolate wafer crumbs (about 15 cookies)
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon wheat germ
1/2 cup butter, melted
2 tablespoons honey
1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 (15-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1/3 cup lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
1 (16-ounce) can tart pie cherries, drained
Lightly sweetened whipped cream
- For Crust: Mix together crumbs, sugar and wheat germ. Add melted butter and blend well. Reserve 2 tablespoons of mixture for topping. Pour remaining crumb mixture into 9-inch pie plate and press evenly against bottom and sides, building up slightly around rim.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) for 8 to 10 minutes. Set aside to cool
- For Filling: In a small bowl, beat honey until white and creamy. Gradually add cream cheese; beat until smooth. Add milk, lemon juice and almond extract; mix at low speed until blended.
- Fold in cherries and turn into pie crust. Refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Garnish with reserved crumbs and whipped cream.
Makes 8 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.