Chocolate Cream Cheese Pie
This rich, fluffy chocolate cream cheese pie is sure to please.
1 cup NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
2 (3-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1/8 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 fresh large eggs* (or 1/2 cup pasteurized egg product)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup heavy cream
1 (9-inch) chocolate or regular graham cracker pie crust
- Melt chocolate chips in the top of a double boiler over hot water. Cool.
- In a bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat until fluffy softened cream cheese and salt. Add 1/2 cup brown sugar to the mixture and beat well. Add 2 egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Blend in the melted chocolate and vanilla.
- In another bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat 2 egg whites until stiff. Mix in 1/4 cup brown sugar until combined and stiff peaks form.
- In another bowl, beat cream with an electric mixer at medium speed until stiff. Fold the chocolate mixture first into the egg whites and then gently fold chocolate and egg mixture into the whipped cream.
- Spoon in graham cracker pie crust and chill until firm.
Makes 8 servings.
*We suggest using a pasteurized egg product for this recipe.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.