Chocolate Mudslide Pie
This yummy pie is a 'mudslide' of chocolaty mocha flavor with a chocolate crumb crust filled with coffee-kissed chocolate cream piled high with mounds of cocoa-infused whipped cream and a garnish of chocolate sprinkles.
Chocolate Crumb Crust:
1 1/2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 (8-ounce) package semisweet chocolate baking bars, broken up
1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
1 teaspoon water
3/4 cup sour cream
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
1 1/2 cups heavy or whipping cream
2 tablespoons chocolate sprinkles (optional)
- For Chocolate Crumb Crust: Combine crumbs and melted butter; press evenly in a 9-inch pie plate.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 325°F (160°C) for about 6 minutes. Cool completely before using.
- For Filling: In a small saucepan over low heat, melt semisweet chocolate; cool 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, dissolve instant coffee in water. Add sour cream, sugar and vanilla; stir until sugar is dissolved. Blend in melted chocolate. Spread in prepared crust; set aside.
- In a small mixer bowl, beat powdered sugar, cocoa and heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Mound mixture on top of chocolate layer. Garnish with chocolate sprinkles, if desired.
Makes 8 servings.