Chocolate Coconut Pecan Pie
Expect to be asked to make this delicious chocolate coconut pecan pie again and again.
4 large eggs
3 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
2 cups sweetened flake coconut
1 cup chopped pecans
1 (9-inch) unbaked pie shell
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a large mixer bowl, beat eggs. Add sugar and unsweetened baking cocoa; mix well.
- Add evaporated milk, vanilla, salt, and melted butter. Stir in coconut and chopped pecans.
- Pour into unbaked pie shell.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until firm.
Makes 8 servings.