Chocolate Eggnog Pie
This festive and delicious, no-bake chocolate eggnog pie is perfect for winter holiday entertaining. Your guests will be asking you for the recipe!
1 1/3 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 envelope unflavored gelatin
1/4 cup cold water
1/3 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
2 cups eggnog
1/2 teaspoon rum extract
1 cup whipping cream, whipped
1 cup whipping cream
1/4 cup powdered sugar
Chocolate curls for garnish (optional)
- For Crust: Combine crumbs, sugar and butter, mixing until well-combined. Press onto bottom and sides of 9 inch pie plate. Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) for 5 minutes.
- For Filling: Soften gelatin in water; set aside.
- Combine 2 tablespoons sugar and cornstarch in small saucepan; gradually add eggnog. Bring to boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil 2 minutes or until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Add softened gelatin; stir until dissolved. Stir in extract; cool. Once cooled, fold in whipped cream and pour into crust. Chill several hours until set.
- For Topping: Whip cream until soft peaks form; gradually add powdered sugar, beating until stiff peaks form. Spread over pie. Garnish with chocolate curls, if desired.
Makes 8 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.