Chocolate Pecan Bourbon Pie
Pecan pie, a Southern favorite, takes on a party attitude of spirited chocolate deliciousness.
4 large eggs
3 tablespoons butter, melted
2/3 cup granulated sugar
2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/3 cup light corn syrup
3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
2 tablespoons bourbon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 (9-inch) unbaked pie crust
2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C).
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat eggs; pour in butter and continue to beat until well blended.
- Add sugar and blend into a smooth mixture. Add brown sugar and blend until all lumps disappear. Stir in corn syrup, maple syrup, bourbon and vanilla. Set aside.
- Line the pie shell with chocolate chips. Pour in filling mixture. Arrange pecan halves to neatly cover filling.
- Place pie in the oven. Close oven door and immediately lower temperature to 275°F (135°C). Bake for 1 hour or until filling is set at the center.
Makes 8 servings.