Classic Pumpkin Pecan Pie
While this pie bakes, the aroma of warm spices will waft through the house creating wonderful holiday memories.
2 (9-inch) unbaked pie shells
1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin purée
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 1/2 cups evaporated milk
1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup chopped pecans
3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Using one unbaked pie crust, make several cut-outs of any desired shape (leaves are nice and easy). Place on cookie sheet, bake according to package instructions and cool.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- For Filling: In a large bowl combine pumpkin, sugar, eggs, cinnamon, salt, ginger, cloves and nutmeg. Gradually stir in evaporated milk; mix well. Pour into the unused pastry shell.
- Bake for 30 minutes; sprinkle Praline Topping over top and continue baking for another 20 to to 25 minutes or until done. Cool completely. Garnish with pastry cut-outs.
- For Praline Topping: In a bowl, combine brown sugar, pecans and melted butter.
Makes 8 servings.