Kahlúa Pecan Pie with Chocolate Chips
A decadently rich chocolate chip and pecan pie with a kiss of Kahlúa.
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
3/4 cup dark corn syrup
1/4 cup Kahlúa or other coffee liqueur
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 large eggs
1 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 unbaked deep dish 9-inch pie crust
Lightly sweetened whipped cream for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- With an electric mixer, beat sugar and butter in medium bowl until smooth; beat in flour. Gradually beat in corn syrup, then Kahlúa and vanilla and eggs. Stir in chopped pecans.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips over bottom of crust. Pour filling into crust.
- Bake pie until filling is puffed around edges and just set in center, about 45 minutes. Transfer pie to rack and cool completely.
- Serve topped with a dollop of sweetened whipped cream, if desired.
Makes 8 servings.