Kentucky Chocolate Pie
This delicious chocolate chip pie is best served slightly warm topped with a dollop of sweetened whipped cream.
1 cup granulated sugar
6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 large eggs
1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup heavy cream
3 tablespoons powdered sugar
1 (9-inch) unbaked pie shell
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C).
- For Filling: Combine sugar and flour in a large mixing bowl. Add eggs, melted butter, chopped pecans, semisweet chocolate chips, and vanilla.
- Pour into unbaked pie shell.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- For Topping: Beat cream to stiff peaks with powdered sugar. Serve with pie.
Makes 8 servings.