Mocha Pecan Pie
The flavors of mocha, chocolate and coffee, add a new dimension of taste to classic pecan pie.
1 (9-inch) unbaked deep-dish pie shell (4-cup volume)
3 large eggs
3/4 cup honey
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 tablespoon NESCAFÉ CLÁSICO Pure Instant Coffee Granules, dissolved in 1 teaspoon hot water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup pecan halves or pieces
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels
sweetened whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Place pie shell in pie plate on baking sheet.
- Beat eggs in medium bowl with a fork. Stir in honey, sugar, butter, dissolved coffee and vanilla extract. Stir in nuts.
- Sprinkle chocolate morsels over bottom of pie shell. Pour egg mixture over morsels.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until knife inserted halfway between center and outer edge comes out still slightly sticky.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- Serve at room temperature or refrigerate. Garnish with whipped cream before serving.
Makes 8 servings.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.