Peach Fold Up Tart
Recipe courtesy of California Tree Fruit Agreement.
3 cups fresh California peaches, sliced (approximately 4 peaches)
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon all purpose flour
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 (10x16-inch) sheet frozen puff pastry dough, thawed
1 tablespoon unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a bowl, combine the peaches, sugar and flour and toss to mix. Add the lemon juice and stir to combine.
- On a floured work surface, roll out the puff pastry into a 15-inch round, about 1/4-inch thick.
- Place the pastry on an ungreased baking sheet and spoon the peaches into the center, leaving about 2-inches uncovered around the perimeter. The fruit will be stacked high but will reduce in volume as it cooks.
- Fold the uncovered edges of the pastry up to cover as much of the fruit as possible, pinching and tucking the dough as necessary.
- Dot the top of the fruit with the butter pieces.
- Bake until the pastry is puffed and golden brown, about 30 minutes. Do not under-cook. Cut into wedges and serve warm.
Makes 8 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/8 of recipe): Calories: 94; Total Fat: 3g; Cholesterol: 4mg; Total Carbs: 17g; Fiber: 2g; Protein: 1g; Sodium: 17mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of California Tree Fruit Agreement.