A festive peppermint ice cream pie featuring a chocolate sandwich cookie crumb crust. Count on this delightful dessert becoming a holiday favorite.
20 chocolate sandwich cookies, finely crushed
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 (1.5-quart) carton Peppermint DREYER’S or EDY’S SLOW CHURNED Light Ice Cream
1 (8-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
Small candy canes (optional)
Chocolate syrup or hot fudge sauce (optional)
- For Crust: Combine cookie crumbs and butter in large bowl. Press crumb mixture onto bottom and side of 9-inch pie plate. Freeze for about 15 minutes or until firm.**
- For Pie: Place ice cream in refrigerator for 15 minutes to soften.
- Spread softened ice cream evenly into frozen crust.
- Pipe or spoon whipped topping around border of pie.
- Arrange candy canes on top of pie.
- Freeze for several hours or until firm.
- To serve, cut pie into 8 wedges. Place on dessert plates and drizzle with chocolate syrup.
Makes 8 servings.
*Peppermint DREYER’S or EDY’S Limited Edition Frozen Dairy Dessert.
**A 9-inch ready-to-use chocolate cookie crust may be substituted.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.