Peppermint Snow Pie
Create a winter wonderland with this festive recipe for a delicious peppermint and white chocolate mousse pie. The light and creamy filling is sprinkled with crushed peppermint candy that will melt in your mouth.
1 1/4 cups (8 crackers) chocolate graham cracker crumbs
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/3 cup butter, melted
1 (7-gram) envelope unflavored gelatin
2 tablespoons boiling water
1 (12-ounce) can NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
1 cup (6 ounces) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Premier White Morsels
1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
1 (8-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed - divided use
1/2 cup (about 24) coarsely chopped hard peppermint candies - divided use
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate.
- For Crust: Combine crumbs and sugar in pie plate. Stir in butter. Press crumb mixture onto bottom and up sides of prepared pie plate.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Cool completely on wire rack.
- For Filling: Place gelatin in small bowl; stir in water. Let soften for 1 minute.
- Heat evaporated milk and softened gelatin in small saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly with whisk until mixture is dissolved and hot. Remove from heat; stir in morsels and peppermint extract until completely melted and smooth. Pour into medium bowl. Refrigerate uncovered for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until cool to touch. Gently whisk in 2 cups whipped topping. Sprinkle 1/4 cup candies over bottom of crust. Pour filling over pie crust.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours or until set. Spread remaining whipped topping over center of filling. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup candies. Serve immediately.
Makes 8 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/8 of recipe): Calories: 470; Calories from Fat: 210; Total Fat: 23g; Saturated Fat: 18g; Cholesterol: 35mg; Sodium: 250mg; Carbohydrates: 56g; Dietary Fiber: 1g; Sugars: 38g; Protein: 7g.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.