Pumpkin Pie with Graham Cracker Crust
Go ahead, indulge and enjoy this healthier take on a holiday classic—pumpkin pie!
3 ounces reduced-fat cinnamon graham crackers, about 5 1/2 sheets
1 tablespoon packed light brown sugar
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
2 large egg whites
1 large egg
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon table salt
2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, or less to taste
1 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 cup fat-free evaporated milk
4 tablespoons light whipped topping for accompaniment
- Position rack in middle of oven.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- For Crust: Place graham crackers and light brown sugar in a food processor and process into crumbs (or smash into crumbs in a sealed plastic food bag with a rolling pin). Spoon crumbs into a small bowl; add melted butter and combine with fingers into a coarse meal. Distribute crumbs evenly on bottom and up sides of an ungreased 9-inch pie plate. Chill for 30 minutes before baking. Bake until crust starts to turn golden, about 8 to 10 minutes; remove from oven and let cool.
- For Filling: In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, whip egg whites until frothy; fold in egg, dark brown sugar, salt, pumpkin pie spice and evaporated milk. Beat pumpkin custard until smooth and pour into pie shell. Bake until a knife inserted in center comes out clean, about 45 to 55 minutes.
- Slice into eight pieces, top each piece with 1/2 tablespoon of whipped topping and serve warm or at room temperature.
Makes 8 servings.
Points Value: 3.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of www.Weightwatchers.com; through ARAcontent.