Rhubarb and Peach Pie
This recipe offers a wonderful blend of flavors between the tartness of the rhubarb and the sweetness of the peaches. Have some vanilla ice cream handy to complete this hearty dessert.
1/2 pound rhubarb, sliced
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Pastry for 1 (9-inch) double-crust pie*
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
2 peaches, peeled, pitted and sliced
1 teaspoon butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Combine rhubarb, sugar and vanilla; set aside.
- Separate and roll each pie crust out to 1/8-inch thick, fit into bottom of tart pan. Combine flour and sugar; mix well and sprinkle on each tart shell.
- Arrange rhubarb mixture and peaches on top of crust. Place remaining pie crust on top, crimp and flute the edge. Brush with melted butter and cut vents in top.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until bubbly and the crust is browned. Cool before serving.
Makes 30 tartlets.
*Use store bought, ready-to-use pie pastry, or your favorite recipe for homemade pie pastry.