Rocky Mountain Mud Pie
This super easy pie is made with a brownie mix and is especially good served warm topped with vanilla ice cream and hot fudge sauce.
1 (8-ounce) package brownie mix, and oil, eggs and water as directed
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1 (9-inch) unbaked pie crust
Vanilla ice cream or sweetened whipped cream for accompaniment (optional)
Hot fudge sauce for accompaniment (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Prepare brownie batter according to package directions, adding oil, eggs and water as directed. Leave batter in the bowl; set aside.
- Place pie tin with prepared pie crust on a baking sheet. Pour in walnuts to cover bottom. Spoon 2 cups of the brownie batter over the nuts; smooth top so it is level.
- Bake, on the baking sheet, for 25 to 30 minutes (do not over-bake, you want the brownie to be moist). Cool on a wire rack.
- Serve warm wedges topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream (or a dollop of whipped cream) and drizzle with hot fudge sauce.
Makes 8 servings.