Sensibly Delicious Pumpkin Pie
Just mix, pour and bake this reduced-sugar version of classic pumpkin pie, a sensible choice for those on restricted diets.
1/3 cup SPLENDA® Sugar Blend for Baking
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
2 large eggs
1 (15-ounce) can LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
1 (12-ounce) can NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
1 (9-inch) deep-dish unbaked pie crust*
Whipped cream (optional)
- Mis Splenda® Sugar Blend for Baking, salt, cinnamon, ginger and cloves in small bowl. Beat eggs in large bowl. Stir in pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture. Gradually stir in evaporated milk.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Bake in preheated 425°F (220°C). oven for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350°F (175°C); bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 2 hours. Serve immediately or refrigerate. Top with whipped cream before serving.
Makes 8 servings.
*Use store bought, ready-to-use pie pastry, or your favorite recipe for homemade pie pastry.
- 1 3/4 teaspoons pumpkin spice may be substituted for the cinnamon, ginger and cloves; however, the taste will be slightly different.
- Do not freeze, as this will cause the crust to separate from the filling.
- For 2 Shallow Pies: substitute two 9-inch (2-cup volume) pie crusts. Bake in preheated 425°F (220°C) oven for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350°F (175°C); bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until pies test done.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.