Smooth Pumpkin Pie
Smooth, honey-sweetened spiced pumpkin custard pie in a pastry crust. A simple dollop of sweetened whipped cream completes this dessert perfectly.
2 large eggs, beaten
2 cups canned or fresh pumpkin purée
3/4 cup honey
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1 2/3 cups evaporated milk
1 (9-inch) baked pie crust*
Sweetened Whipped Cream:
1 cup heavy cream
3 tablespoons powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- For Filling: Combine slightly beaten eggs, pumpkin, honey, salt, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and evaporated milk; mix well.
- Pour pumpkin mixture into unbaked pie shell.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 400°F (205°C) for 50 minutes, or until the center is set.
- For Sweetened Whipped Cream: Whip cream to stiff peaks with powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Top individual slices of pie with a dollop of sweetened whipped cream.
Makes 8 servings.
*Use store bought, ready-to-use pie pastry, or your favorite recipe for homemade pie pastry.