Spectacular Ice Cream Pie
This yummy ice cream pie is topped with terrific homemade caramel and pecan topping.
Caramel Pecan Sauce:
3 tablespoons butter
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup half-and-half
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
1/2 finely chopped cup pecans
4 tablespoons butter, melted
2 pints vanilla ice cream
- For Caramel Pecan Sauce: Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a saucepan and stir in brown sugar. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat and stir in 1/2 cup half-and-half; cook 1 minute more. Remove from heat and add 1 teaspoon vanilla and 1 cup chopped pecans; cool.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- For Crust: Combine 1 cup graham cracker crumbs, 1/2 cup chopped pecans, and 4 tablespoons melted butter. Press into the bottom of a 9-inch pie plate and bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Cool.
- For Filling: Combine 2 pints ice cream (try using toffee, coffee, vanilla, or praline) and spoon into the cooled crust.
- Spoon cooled Caramel Pecan Sauce over the ice cream. Freeze and keep frozen until ready to serve.
Makes 8 servings.