Strawberry Cookie Pie
Ready-to-use refrigerated sugar cookie dough makes an easy pie crust for this layered cream cheese and fresh strawberry glazed pie.
2 cups crushed strawberries
1/3 cup cornstarch
1 cup granulated sugar
1 package frozen sugar cookie dough, thawed
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup powder sugar
2 cups sliced strawberries
Sweetened whipped cream for accompaniment
- Combine crushed berries with sugar and cornstarch in saucepan and cook until thickened, stirring occasionally. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Press cookie dough onto the bottom and sides of a 9-inch pie plate. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden. Cool.
- Combine cream cheese and powdered sugar, mixing well. Spread evenly onto the cooled cookie crust.
- Arrange 2 cups sliced berries on top of cream cheese mixture.
- Spoon the cooled strawberry mixture evenly over the sliced berries. Chill for for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Serve garnished with a dollop of sweetened whipped cream.
Makes 8 servings.